I am long overdue for a thankfulness post, especially after the last few days!
-Today, early in the morning, I had my appendix taken out. I was in shock. Went to the ER yesterday afternoon per doctor’s orders and ended up in the OR! Just as I was finally healing and getting strong after my last surgery in March, this was a major shock realizing I have to start over from square one with a whole new recovery. I am still laughing about it and so thankful for all my wise doctors, my sister dropping everything to care for me and my other family members caring for my sister’s family so she could be with me. My church family and friends who have encouraged and prayed over me and the whole goofy situation.
-being home tonite with the pain controlled and being in my cozy bed.
-God’s promises in Psalm 91 my sis read to me in pre-op.
– my roomie and her daughter caring for me.
-laughter over my dysfunctional body.
-peace. Not the removal of hard times but knowing God is sovereign and working for my good. Knowing people all over the country have been approaching the throne of Grace on my behalf this week.
-kind nurses. One who shares my birthday. I was so happy.
-finally finding a good vein so I wouldn’t be awake on the operating table for two hours this time. And finding that correct vein making it look like a murder scene. Had to change my sheets. Lol!
– George from transport who transferred me from the ER to my room and then again to pre op. A brother in the Lord who was so fun to talk to and made me feel at ease that God was making me into a diamond and chipping away at the rough by pressure.
-Charles Spurgeon wisdom.
– moments of rest and focusing on the Shepherd and not panic attacks.
– a 4 year old nephew and 2 year old niece as my biggest encouragers and prayer warriors.
– my mommy. Always ready to laugh with me and support me.
– Enjoyable fiction pointing me to Christ by my favorite authors.
– did I mention a cozy bed?!
– my diseased appendix found and taken out early enough to not cause major problems.
– having my sis and bro and their fam here right now during my health probs. AND my BFF Candace is coming to town and so is my mom. God ordained this timing for amazing support and hilarious fun at just the right time to keep me encouraged and not isolated in pain.
Thank you, Shepherd, for carrying me through the past two days of whirlwind uncertainty. I am certain you love me and know me by name. You carry me and care for me in ways I take for granted or don’t even care to acknowledge. I love you, Abba, and belong to you!